Putting your foot in your new home is one of the best and most exciting steps that you can take in your life and the great news is that you don’t need a huge deposit to realise your dream of owning a brand new home.
Our aim at Willo Homes is to offer high quality, beautiful homes for affordable homeownership to not only help people on the property ladder, but also to give them a sense of belonging.
Help to Buy
Help to Buy: Equity Loan is available to first time buyers. This is a loan from the government that you put towards the cost of buying a newly built home.
You can borrow a minimum of 5% and up to a maximum of 20% of the full purchase price of a new-build home.
Shared Ownership is an affordable way to buy a home with a lower deposit and smaller mortgage. You can buy more shares as and when you can afford them until you own 100% of the property.
Rent to Buy
Rent to Buy allows you to rent a home whilst you save for your deposit. Rent is set at 80% of the market value, allowing you space to save. This allows you to buy the property outright after the rental period.
Market sale is simply where you buy a home from us outright. The majority of our properties available for outright sale can also be bought using the Government’s Help to Buy Equity Loan scheme, which offers an equity loan of up to 20% of the value of the property.
How to get on the property ladder with Rent to Buy
Owning your home is easier with Rent to Buy
Do you dream of owning your own home but are struggling to save a deposit while paying high rental prices? If so, the Salix Homes Rent to Buy scheme could be the answer.
Helping you build up the deposit you need
With Rent to Buy, you will be able to rent your new home for 80% of the market rate for up to five years. The lower rental payments then give you some breathing room to start building up a deposit. At the end of the rental period, the money that you’ve saved can then be used to help buy your property. Rent to Buy allows you to look forward to starting life in your new home as soon as your rental agreement begins, knowing that it will soon be yours to own.
Who is Rent to Buy for?
Saving for a deposit can be hard work, especially when you need to rent as you save. If you’re a first-time buyer or returning to the property market after a relationship has ended, Rent to Buy with Salix Homes could help you to become a homeowner, if you are currently working or self-employed and have a household income less than £80,000.
How to reserve a property
To reserve a Willo Homes property on the Rent to Buy scheme all you need to do is follow these five simple steps:
1. Rent to Buy Application Form – simply complete the form
and return it to us.
2. Affordability Assessment – based on your application form we will use an affordability calculator to work out the percentage of your income you will be using for housing costs. We will also assess what your savings will need to be to achieve a deposit by year five.
3. Documents – provide us with
• photographic ID
• your last three months’ payslips
• proof of savings account for a deposit
• three months’ worth of bank statements for all accounts
• proof of current address.
4. Reservation - Once our sales advisor is happy that all information has been supplied and all criteria satisfied, you can reserve the apartment by paying a holding fee of one week’s rent. We will then carry out a credit check.
5. Move in - Once we have received confirmation that your tenant referencing and credit checks are satisfactory, a sales advisor will contact you to arrange a date to start the tenancy. Prior to the tenancy signing we will require one month’s rent in advance (minus the holding fee) and one month’s rent upfront as a security deposit. This can be paid by card or BACS payment.
Please contact us and one of our friendly sales advisors will be able to help you through every step of the process.